Presented by Mary Fox, MAI
Virtual Classroom-Live/Interactive Participation Guidelines: Students must have computer, webcam & microphone capability to participate & receive continuing education credit. The platform will be interactive and live. The instructor must be able to physically see and interact with all students and students must be able see and interact with the instructor. A copy of your driver’s license must be emailed to the Chapter office as verification after you have registered for the offering prior to the offering start date. You will receive a separate email from the Chapter Office with log-in/access information. You do not need a paid account from ZOOM to participate. If you are using your Ipad/Iphone/smartphone please download the ZOOM app prior to offering.
Please check your webcam privacy settings on your computer. If you have a Lenovo laptop, you must have the Lenovo Vantage App installed on your computer for webcam to work. Contact the chapter with questions regarding participation guidelines: email@example.com
- 8:15 am – 8:30 am: LOGIN & ROLL CALL
- 8:30 am: CLASS INSTRUCTION BEGINS
NJ Appraiser Law, Regulations N.J.S.A. 45:14F-1, et seq. Real Estate Appraisers Act
Purpose: This course is required by NJ regulations every two years. Students will learn about the law itself, the regulations that pertain to the law including specific areas noted in the regulation.
- Provide general information about the law and regulations –
- Provide some information about national licensing
- Understand how NJ State Appraisal Board works
- Explore misunderstood areas of Laws and Regulations
- Discuss commonly found errors and issues (appraisals)
- Provide references sources and information for licensees
All licensed and certified real estate appraisers shall be required to complete a two hour course on New Jersey law and rules governing the practice of real estate appraising.
- the origin and history of the Real Estate Appraisers Act
- the Board composition
- scope of practice
- mixed practice conflicts of interest
- continuing education requirements and criteria duty to cooperate
- temporary visiting certificates, trainee and supervisor requirements
- appraisal reporting and common deficiencies and the complaint process
- National Licensing stats, NJ testing and complaint stats, information including germane ASB and AQB issues.
Appraisal Institute Members: $45
Any & all cancellations are subject to an admin fee. No credit/refunds for cancellations made on or after 7 days prior to class. No credit/refunds for no-shows.