- Instructor: Susanne Curran, MAI, AI-GRS
- Check in begins at 8:15 AM
- Class starts at 8:30 AM
- Test on the end of the 4th day
- THIS CLASS IS BEING HELD IN PERSON!
- Click here for directions to Rutgers Eco-Complex Conference Center
Valuation of Conservation Easements is an advanced course designed for the appraiser who understands the methodology in the approaches to value and is ready to embark on understanding the intricacies involved in one of the most misunderstood and difficult types of appraisals.
Over 4 days, this intensive program will familiarize participants with conservation easement valuations in a variety of situations, including conventional appraisals, appraisals that are required to comply with the Uniform Appraisal Standards of Federal Land Acquisitions, and appraisals involving non-cash charitable contributions that are required to comply with IRS standards. Learning objectives will be accomplished through a series of lectures, in-class discussions, problem solving, homework assignments, and case-law analysis. Objectives:
- Recognize the methodologies and techniques commonly used in valuing conservation easements.
- Grasp state, federal, and IRS regulations and requirements relating to conservation easements.
- Identify the range of assignments that are common in valuing conservation easements.
- Develop an effective scope of work for a conservation easement valuation assignment and apply concepts of highest and best use analysis to that assignment.
- Apply a range of techniques to effectively carry out a conservation easement valuation.
- Identify the unique issues that may apply to conservation easements and complete the assignment(s) in accordance with the various state and federal agency requirements.
Note: This course is in the Valuation of Conservation Easements Professional Development Program. View this list of FAQs, which includes information regarding the courses you’ll need to complete the program successfully.
This course is approved for GBCI CE Hours by the USGBC.
After you register for this class, please go to your Education and Events page for details on what you must complete BEFORE class begins.
EDUCATION CREDIT: This course is approved in most states for continuing education credit. To verify, visit https://ai.appraisalinstitute.org/eweb/DynamicPage.aspx?webcode=AIStateApprovalByCourse&cecKey=56D27D8B-8361-459B-85B7-0E49395970D2&courseType=classroom
When you register, either choose to download the materials or have them shipped directly to you. Make sure you have downloaded class materials PRIOR to class. If you order (and ship) printed materials to you, make sure they arrive 1 week prior to class. Contact the national office if there are any issues at least one week before class.
Any & all cancellations are subject to an admin fee. No credit/refunds for cancellations made on or after 7 days prior to class. No credit/refunds for no-shows. Our cancellation policy is stated on the registration portal. A copy of your driver’s license must be emailed to the Chapter office as verification after you have registered for the offering prior to the offering start date.